Wednesday 25 May 2011

Bear's Blips - May 2011

Been a long time / i should'na left you / without a dope beat to step to / step to step to step to / step step step / wickiwicki

That little ditty sums up my feelings about the recent paucity of Chip's Blips action. I can only apologise, and placate you with promises of some exceedingly lovely music arriving on your cochleal doorstep in the very near future.

And here's the first example, a wonderful selection from a wonderful bear!

Sit back and enjoy.



1. James Blake - A Case Of You (Joni Mitchell Cover)

Is it me or is Blake starting to sound a lot like the transgender dude Hegarty from Anthony the Johnson’s? No, maybe just me then. But who cares, this cover of ‘A Case of You’ by Joni is a real good sound for the ears.


2. The 2 Bears - Church

Well I do love a nice Bear, and these two chaps are real nice. Raf Rundell and Joe Goddard (Hot Chip dude) keep releasing endlessly saaweet tunes. Keep your eyes peeled for The Bearhug EP which is set for release in June with Southern Fried Records.

3. Digits – Lost Dream

Probably one of my fave tunes of the year to date. The Lost Dream E.P is a great listen, Toronto based Digits has a way with base and his music is described as ‘undisciplined pop’. Couldn’t agree more.

4. Oberhofer - I Could Go

Oh hello Bradley Oberhofer, you really know how to chime. This has indeed been doing the rounds for quite a while now, however, it is great and reminds me of my bike. So here it is.

5. Dominik Eulberg - Die 3 Millionen Musketiere

It was hard to pick a key track from Eulberg’s new album, but this one sure is a belter.

6. Okkervil River – Rider

‘And I fly out on my silver, scissoring wings’, well why not, when you have this in your head you can’t help but flap about.

7. Gang Gang Dance – MindKilla

This new album (in my opinion) is going to be one of 2011’s greats. The video is also vaguely terrifying, so check that out too

8. SBTRKT - Wildfire

Apparently Zane has hailed this ‘the hottest track in the world’; I will form my opinion when the full album is released in June. Still pretty hot none the less.

9. Junior Boys - Banana Ripple

Hello Summer, nice to see you, you are most welcome here.

10. Holy Ghost! – Slow Motion

Finally! I have been waiting in eager anticipation for this album, and it doesn’t disappoint.

11. Blackbird Blackbird – Hawaii (Niva Remix)

This is just good. An odd occasion that the remix in my eyes (or ears) is streets ahead of the original. And the original aint half bad.

12. Junip – In Every Direction – Dale Earnhardt Jr Jr Remix

Another beaut of a remix. I want a magic feather....

13. Ghostpoet – Cash and Carry Me Home (Original)

Amazing tune, Ghostpoet has a natural talent for taking everyday observations and turning them into A+ UK Hip Hop.

14. Santigold Ft. Karen O – Go

Where has Santigold been since like 2008? I don’t care, because this is worth waiting for.

15. Theme Park – Milk

Another summer suntime song. I bet this will be going round in your head all day. I will leave you with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment